I love Scotland🏴. From the Highlands and their charming little villages to the cities to the country side to the beaches. It is just simply amazing. I would move to this country if given the chance. It has it all. There are mountains, city parks, old history, castles, monsters and haggis. Here are 13 (or more) reasons why you should come visit Scotland too.
1. Birthplace of Harry Potter. Harry Potter is everywhere. Edinburgh looks just like the Universal Theme Park but it’s real. There are little Harry Potter Easter Eggs all over the city. There is a real life Hogwarts Express that runs around Scotland. The only thing really missing is a giant fire breathing dragon but I’m not 100% sure there isn’t one of those here.
2. Arthur’s Seat. Giant “mountain” in the middle of the flippin city. And you can climb it a couple different ways. There is a difficult route with drop offs and sketchy gravel. Or a simple grassy stroll through the park route. It’s simply amazing. And even with the most difficult route, it is still easy-peasy.
3. The food. I’m not a foodie. I’m not a fan of food. I eat to live and don’t enjoy eating food. But I enjoy all the food in Edinburgh. Gordon Ramsay is from Scotland so you better believe your god damned hot cakes that the food is going to be good, ya fuckin donut. Now piss off.
4. The architecture. Everywhere you look is simple stunning. It’s magical. There is a castle on a giant hill smack dab in the middle of the city. And there are churches that I'm pretty sure Jesus helped build still dominating the views. Even the little shops are older than fuck and they all are charming and unique.
5. It’s a short drive/train ride to everywhere in the country full of mountains, Lochs(lakes), castles and seaside adventures! And if you'd just like to stay in Edinburgh, their public transportation is top notch and you can even get on a Ghost Bus Tour since a town this old is bound to have a ghost or two haunting some schmuck.
6. Ummm. Did someone say monsters? They have the Loch Ness Monster!! It’s real. I seent it!
7. The Highlands. It’s simply stunning. It’s hella dope ass mountains in a country-side type area. And if you cut someone’s head off there, you absorb all of their powers and abilities. There can be only one.
8. The Isle of Skye. Just fookin google that shit brah and tell me you don’t wanna go there. If you don't want to google it, I just did it for you below. Take a look.
9. It’s a mix of old timey European life with modern time life and it meshes well. And the history is all around the city from the Closes (alleys) to the buildings to the roads. It’s all here.
10. If you find Scotland to be rather boring(you won’t) and think you fit everything you can do into a couple of days (you can’t) then you can just jump on a train and head south to England or Wales and explore their awesome settings.
11. Game of Thrones, Outlander, Braveheart, Prometheus, 007 Skyfall and countless other films and tv shows have used Scotland for their breathtaking scenery and awesomeness. So why not see it in real life?
12. The people. They are friendly. Mind their own business and think WE have the mild adorable accent when they have da fookin’ kick arse accent.
13. Mild temperature. It’s never too hot, never too cold. It does rain and mist a lot but it never interferes with your day. It actually adds to the charm and magic of the area.
•Running is awesome here. The air is fresh and the weather is perfect.
•Prince has a home here....... It’s Prince Charles though which means that there is Royalty in the UK. Some find that pretty cool. I find it obnoxious and weird that people like it. But it means a lot to the locals, so I respect that.
•Puppy dogs everywhere. And not a lot of them on leashes. They are just running around with their people being cute little goofy critters.
•There are no natural predators in the wild here. No Bears, Coyotes, Wolves, or whatever scary hiking monster you can think of. There are Deer here though and that’s about as scary as it gets. And no mosquitoes. Fuck yea!! They do have 1 snake that’s poisonous. But you have to search high and low to find that asshole. Good luck.
•It’s a foreign country with foreign looking buildings and foreign environment but it’s an English speaking country. So no language barrier. Except for stupid small things like bathrooms. They are called water closets or toilets. No language barrier at all among small stupid things like that.
•The Police are really nice and do their jobs. I’ve never seen one with a gun and they actually help people out instead of intimidate them. We saw a drunk dude get arrested the other night and not once was a gun drawn or a taser used. They just handcuffed the dude and off to hangover jail he went.
•After a rare school shooting in 1996 in Dunblane Scotland, the UK banned hand gun ownership and there hasn’t been a school shooting since then. Guns are not a thing here. Fuck You 2nd Amendment Right activist.
If you need more reasons to visit, let’s talk over dinner. At a nice place called The Queens Arms right smack dab in the middle of Edinburgh.